Google’s new twitter like service. Google Buzz!
Google buzz is “Start conversations about the things you find interesting. Share updates, photos, videos and more with your friends.” according to Google.
You can buzz directly from your Gmail Inbox. I found this in my Google Apps Email @techeguide.com but didn’t get invited in Gmail,must be something tizzy.
Check it out and tell here whether you have it in your email?
Twitter is an excellent tool to which lets you update among 1000’s of people following you. It’s being widely used as one of the most successful marketing tool.
Here are few things that you should remember while using Twitter as a business tool. But keep in mind that your that you have to socialize also don’t use it for the business purpose alone.
- Update your profile – Keep your profile updated and current with any new developments or projects currently in the works. This helps your customers understand where you are going as a business and it also makes them aware of any changes you have planned.
- Stay professional – While it may be fun to get into a heated debate over who will win the Kentucky Derby, keep your tweeting business oriented. It is not a bad thing to express your opinion every once in a while, but do make sure that it falls directly in line with the mission statement and operating procedures of the company under whose name you are tweeting. If you are a sole proprietor, obviously you have the decision making power here, but if you are in business with others, develop a policy for how individuals will tweet.
- Be personal – People like to know they are talking with actual people. In this age where digital voices prompting our actions are standard, people find great delight in the ability to communicate with intelligent human people who can actually listen and respond rather than deal with canned impersonal messages that don’t meet their individual needs and desires.
- Give to get – Do not, I repeat, do not, just spam your followers with announcements of new products or websites for them to look at. Converse with them, answer their questions and ask them exactly what they are looking for. Once again, be human and socialize with them. It is ok to interact with your customer online the same way you interact in a face to face meeting, just keep it professional.
- Use tracking devices – Implement the use of hashtags and other tracking devices as searchable references for your customers. This makes it easy for them to follow you and your business developments. The easier it is to follow you and what you are doing, the better chance you have they will actually do it. Let your customers know when you have initiated a new search term and what those terms mean to them. Your business is about helping the customer get to your product as easy as possible. Hashtags are a great tool to help this happen.
- Make their life easy – While conversing with your prospects, make sure to ask if there is anything they believe your business can do to improve – and then listen. Customer feedback is one of the most valuable tools to a business. What better way to get feedback than online when you are already in conversation with them? You can develop customer loyalty simply through listening to and responding to their opinions.
The biggest mistake I was making on Twitter is tweeting only like a deaf machine. What i used to do is I was tweeting like this “Google announced RSS ads – link:” I was never replying to @messages. Don’t be a machine like I was, whose work is to post and post only, check your replies and messages, respond to questions and be human. Business is build with strong relation so don’t forget about it.
image credit: http://netmoneyfaq.com
‘’If you like this post than do post your comments”
Twitter has a new page with much more attraction than the old one. Twitter is in process of moving in a new direction and the new home page is one of the big step of it.
Comparing the old homepage to the new homepage sheds an enormous amount of light on Twitter’s ambitions with its microblogging platform.
Here’s the old description text:
“Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co-workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?”
And here’s the new text:
“Share and discover what’s happening right now, anywhere in the world”
Twitter has not yet completely changed with the new evidence. Here is the example to prove it. You’ll see the session page (displayed after wrong username, password entered) same as the old one.
If you have good number of followers and you spend most of the time in tweeting than just read on. It’s Just for you! Advertisers always look for the ways to promote their services and products and this creates an opportunity for us to make $.
Now lets discuss the ways by which we can monetize our Twitter Account.
You enjoy tweeting with your friends, but wouldn’t it be great to make a little extra cash on the side while you post on Twitter? twtAd has the solution: we give you links to post on your Twitter account, and you earn money each time someone clicks on your link!
- magpie :
After you sign up for an account here, you’ll then define a tweet frequency at which you will accept magpie-tweets for your Twitter account. With the given tweet rate permited by you, Magpie will try to find a matching magpie-tweet and twitter it. You can also select to pre-approve magpie-tweets.
LinkBee is the medium to archive and bookmark all your favourite links across the web and earn money doing so. Shorten the URL, share them and earn revenue.
- TwitPub :
Make money whenever you tweet. This program shares up to 80% of the revenue with the publishers. It’s Premium Tweets based service, means you have to be private in Twitter, only the people whom you approve would be able see your updates.
Do you know any other way to monetize the twitter account? If yes, then please share here.
What is blu?
It’s a Windows platform application which allows you to update your Twitter remotely from your desktop. Experience Twitter in a whole new way. It’s just similar to Windows Live but not worth it.
With blu you can view unlimited tweets. Just keep scrolling and more tweets will be loaded and displayed automatically.
Some of the Features of blu from their Home.
New tweets and inline replies
Click the update icon from the bottom menu and a new text entry field will appear.
Tweets can only be a fixed number of characters per message. blu displays how many characters you have left using large numbers behind your tweet so you know when you’re about to run out of space.
And replying to a tweet couldn’t be easier: just click the reply icon and the tweet you’re replying to will flip, revealing a entry field. Direct messages and re-tweets work the same way.
See the full conversation
Here’s another great feature in blu. You get a tweet, but it’s a reply to something you said earlier and you can’t quite remember what it was you said.
Usually, there isn’t a good way to see the first part of your conversation, but with blu, simply click on the arrow before the username and voila! Your tweet will flip in-place revealing the first part of your conversation.
Tiny url integration
That’s right. We’ve added tiny url support. Simply type or paste a link into the update bubble and blu will convert it for you. No extra buttons, no extra box.
Want to expand your link? Just click the ‘plus’ icon and bluwill roll-back to the full url.
Blu requires Windows XP, Vista/Win7 & .NET 3.5. You can download blu from here: http://www.thirteen23.com/experiences/desktop/blu/