Admob a mobile advertising platform (basically for iPhones and Androids), releases mobile phone market stats every month by evaluating traffic reports from its mobile ad network. Recently, they had released a report in which they said that over the past six months, the smartphone share in mobile Web traffic has risen to 33% from 26%.
Here are some of the statistics regarding smartphones:(source)
—Touchscreens: The top handset on each carrier is a touchscreen phone. T-Mobile has the Android device, the T-Mobile G1; Verizon Wireless has the BlackBerry Storm; AT&T has the iPhone and Sprint has the Samsung Instinct.
—Top five smartphones: Globally they are: iPhone, Nokia N70, BlackBerry 8300, Nokia N80, and Nokia N73. In the U.S. they are: iPhone, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, Palm Centro, and HTC Dream (G1).
—OS Breakdown: Although Symbian lost market share in February, but is still number one worldwide with 43 percent of requests; the top Windows Mobile device is the Samsung BlackJack II, but six of the top 10 Windows Mobile devices are from HTC; Android accounts for 5 percent of the US smartphone market; iPhone generated 33 percent of worldwide traffic and 50 percent of US traffic.
Sometimes when we share a computer in cafe or at friend’s home, we don’t want any of our confidential file or unwanted content left there.
But unfortunately, in most of the cases the system doesn’t cleaned properly. Also there are many softwares on the internet that can recover most of the files easily like Restoration File Undelete Utility tool.
Freeraser removes the file totally with the below technique.
Freeraser can function on three levels:
- a fast destruction (standard 1-round filling of random data)
- a forced destruction (3 rounds of filling according to DoD 5220.22M standard)
- an ultimate destruction (35 rounds of filling with data according to Guttman algorithm).
Considering the environmental condition, Asus introduces U6V-B1-Bamboo Laptop series. Asus Korea launched the U6V-B1 or “EcoBook”, a bamboo notebook whose body is built with bamboo, by taking care of both the Technology and the Environment.
But still there’s a point rolling out in my mind. Although it is an eco-friendly machine, but in another sense, it is built with the cutting down of trees. Got the Scenario?
But anyway, Asus approaches in a good way to be a “help hand” in saving the environment.
- powered by a Intel® Core™2 Duo T9400 (2.53 GHz)
- 4096MB (2048×2) of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS with 256MB of dedicated graphics memory
- 320GB (4200rpm)+TPM HDD
- DVD Super Multi or Blu-ray drive
- 12.1″ WXGA (1280×800, Colour-Shine, LED backlight)
- Intel® WiFi Link 5100 (AGN)
- Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium
Everyone loves to operate a new era Laptop, and also they are getting more advanced, but due to drain battery you can only get a couple of hours out of your laptop.
If you are planning to go to attend some important meetings/seminars where you’ll want your Laptop to run longer then, How would you manage?
Well I’ve some tips that gives your Laptop’s Battery long backup. Follow these six steps to long power your Laptop.
- Unplug additional Hardware and Drives: Unplug any additional PnP and USB devices like USB Mouse, Flash Drives etc. as your motherboard powers them. Eject your Disk Drives to Save More. Some laptops have the feature to Turn off the webcam, so switch them off also. Got the idea of saving fuel.
- Dim your Screen Brightness: The major source of battery sucking is the Screen. Dim the brightness using shortcut at the f(function) keys or Go to Control Panel>Power Options, on the left side menu click “Adjust the display Brightness”( for windows vista).
- Switch off Wireless(Bluetooth and Wi-fi): Even if you’re not connected to any networks, your wireless LAN always searches for a new network that withdraws power from the battery. Watch out for Bluetooth also as some laptops have it and switch them off.
- Change Power Plan in Windows Vista: Windows Vista have this good feature to optimize performance when in the main plug and to optimize battery when on the move. Go to Control Panel>Power Options and switch to Power Saver Plan.
- Stop Unwanted Application: Unwanted applications put demands on your system that are unnecessary when working on the move. Check your taskbar area. Have you found some program running which you don’t need? Exit them immediately. Also if possible Switch to Windows Classic theme instead of Aero and also exit the Windows sidebar.
- Battery: Use original battery and original charger only. As on the move, do you want to get faked by the duplicate ones? If your answer is NO, then switch to original and trusted brand.
Hope these tips will be helpful to you.
Neutrano’s Nutec WristFone makes it easy for you to make calls and take Snap shots and shoot videos with it’s 2MP camera. All with your Wrist Power.
A digital clock watch dial is used as the main screen saver, and when you’re ready to make a call, the screen brightens to open up the menu.
The WristFone has a battery lasting approximately 3-4 hours of talking time and a 3-day stand-by. It’s available now starting at $400.