One of the best things about the iPhone is Apple’s openness to accepting new apps from independent developers. But getting your app on the iPhone is competitive, so how is your app supposed to stand out from the crowd? By checking out these websites and forums, you can keep up with all the news, issues and opinions about the iPhone, so that you’re better prepared to design something that Apple decides it just needs to have.
- Apple Developer Connection: Developer.Apple.com is the official Apple Mac and iPhone website just for developers. Find submission information, technical resources and other important information you’ll need before sending in your app.
- TalkiPhone.com: On this website, you’ll find iPhone news and forums all about software, hacking tips, bugs, new tools and apps, and more. You’ll learn about apps that are huge successes and which ideas have tanked.
- everythingiCafe: This Apple community and blog supports a forum with threads about new phone releases, modifications, hacks, app ideas, software, and more.
- iPhoneDeveloperTips.com: Here you’ll find tips from real iPhone developers. The editor of the site has personally designed the following apps: Snoop Doog, Bikini.com Supermodel Party, KT the Astrologer, iFishNet, iHuntNet, and IBC Mobile banking.
- iPhoneDevSummit.com: The iPhone Developer Summit is a web space for sharing information about iPhone development and the annual developer conference.
- The Apple Blog: Head to The Apple Blog for product reviews, Apple news, and information that can help you pinpoint the brand’s next move.
- MacRumors: Forums: If you want to know the latest in underground iPhone news, visit this forum regularly. You may find out about bugs, tips for submitting apps, and more.
- iPhone Dev SDK: This online community is all about iPhone developers. Get news and announcements, tools to help you with your app, networking support, and more.
- iPhone World: iPhone World is all about iPhones: the website has a download section, store, reviews, wallpapers, and hacks page. Developers get news and insight into iPhone issues and problems that can inspire new app ideas.
- iCodeBlog: This blog has tips and information for iPhone programmers. You’ll find tutorials, a forum, and more.
You can also contribute your articles to Techeguide. Learn More here.