Blogs that takes lot of time to load, usually leaves a bad impression on visitors. Visitors come to you site to read content and are less likely to waste their time if they found it much time taking. One of the major drawback of a slow loading blog is that visitor will never navigate them, further which in turn increases your Bounce Rate. Getting your content right in front of your viewers is very important as it will grab their attention on things you load on your blog. So, here I’m posting few Simple tips to make you blog load faster.
Simple Tips to Make your Blog Load Faster
- Analyze Image Size and Type: The primary thing which affect the blog’s speed is the image. Use low dimensional image in your blog’s post. Prefer gif images instead of bmp, jpg, png or any other image formats. Because gif images are low sized images and load faster than any other format.
- 2. Use Limited Scripts and Plugins: Another major cause by which blogs get slow down is the Scripts and Plugins. Try to limit the number of plugins and scripts in the pages. Instead of scripts prefer HTML codes, that would function better.
- 3. Limit the Flash Widgets: Limiting the number of Flash widgets will speed up your blog up to 10%. Use Text Links at the place of Flash Banners and Images.
- Limit the Number of Posts at home page: Limit the the number of posts at the home page, this will gradually increase your blog’s speed for home page.
- The auto-load videos: Some blogs have music videos or other types of video clips that start playing when the blog is loaded. Although these videos could be good, but if your visitor is not interested then it’s just wasting his time. Why don’t choose Youtube instead of these auto load videos.
- Compress the CSS code: Many of the blogs has CSS code in repeating manner, that slows down the loading speed of your blog/website. You can compress them with very easy method. Check out here to see how can you speed up your blog’s loading by compressing the CSS code.
Check the current speed of your blog.
Apply the above steps and see the result again. Hope these tips would help you in speeding up your blog.
Liked the article? Please leave your comment.