Google Voice, a boon to the people who uses multiple phone numbers like residence, work place, mobile, etc.
Google Voice will get you your own “Google Number” in an area code of your choice, and Google can forward all your incoming phone calls to any phone number you have.
What you can do? You can answer a call on your home-phone, and during the call, you can pick up the same line on your cell phone. The best thing is that, this service is free, that includes free out going calls to US numbers.
Google number - One number for all your calls and SMS
- Call screening - Announce and screen callers
- Listen in - Listen before taking a call
- Block calls - Keep unwanted callers at bay
- SMS - Send, receive, and store SMS
- Place calls - Call US numbers for free
- Taking calls - Answer on any of your phones
- Phone routing - Phones ring based on who calls
- Forwarding phones - Add phones and decide which ring
Google voicemail - Voicemail as easy as email, with transcripts
- Voicemail transcripts - Read what your voicemail says
- Listen to voicemail - Check online or from your phone
- Notifications - Receive voicemails via email or SMS
- Personalize greeting - Vary greetings by caller
- Share voicemail - Forward or download voicemails
Voice features - More cool things you can do with Google Voice
- Conference calling - Join people into a single call
- Call record - Record calls and store them online
- Call switch - Switch phones during a call
- Mobile site - View your inbox from your mobile
- GOOG-411 - Check directory assistance
- Manage groups - Set preferences by group
- We can just hope that Google Voice will be available to Google users in Asia as soon as possible.